NetPyNE, a tool for data-driven multiscale modeling of brain circuits.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Suter, Benjamin A
Kedziora, David J
Chadderdon, George L
Kerr, Cliff C
Neymotin, Samuel A
McDougal, Robert A
Shepherd, Gordon Mg
Lytton, William W
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBiophysical modeling of neuronal networks helps to integrate and interpret rapidly growing and disparate experimental datasets at multiple scales. The NetPyNE tool (www.netpyne.org) provides both programmatic and graphical interfaces to develop data-driven multiscale network models in NEURON. NetPyNE clearly separates model parameters from implementation code. Users provide specifications at a high level via a standardized declarative language, for example connectivity rules, to create millions of cell-to-cell connections. NetPyNE then enables users to generate the NEURON network, run efficiently parallelized simulations, optimize and explore network parameters through automated batch runs, and use built-in functions for visualization and analysis - connectivity matrices, voltage traces, spike raster plots, local field potentials, and information theoretic measures. NetPyNE also facilitates model sharing by exporting and importing standardized formats (NeuroML and SONATA). NetPyNE is already being used to teach computational neuroscience students and by modelers to investigate brain regions and phenomena.
CitationDura-Bernal S, Suter BA, Gleeson P, Cantarelli M, Quintana A, Rodriguez F, Kedziora DJ, Chadderdon GL, Kerr CC, Neymotin SA, McDougal RA, Hines M, Shepherd GM, Lytton WW. NetPyNE, a tool for data-driven multiscale modeling of brain circuits. Elife. 2019 Apr 26;8:e44494. doi: 10.7554/eLife.44494. PMID: 31025934; PMCID: PMC6534378.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Large-scale biophysically detailed model of somatosensory thalamocortical circuits in NetPyNE.
- Authors: Borges FS, Moreira JVS, Takarabe LM, Lytton WW, Dura-Bernal S
- Issue date: 2022
- NeuroML: a language for describing data driven models of neurons and networks with a high degree of biological detail.
- Authors: Gleeson P, Crook S, Cannon RC, Hines ML, Billings GO, Farinella M, Morse TM, Davison AP, Ray S, Bhalla US, Barnes SR, Dimitrova YD, Silver RA
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 17
- NetPyNE Implementation and Scaling of the Potjans-Diesmann Cortical Microcircuit Model.
- Authors: Romaro C, Najman FA, Lytton WW, Roque AC, Dura-Bernal S
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 11
- A computational tool to simulate correlated activity in neural circuits.
- Authors: Veredas FJ, Vico FJ, Alonso JM
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 15
- The effect of connectivity on information in neural networks.
- Authors: Onesto V, Narducci R, Amato F, Cancedda L, Gentile F
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 19