A consensus statement on detection of hippocampal sharp wave ripples and differentiation from other fast oscillations.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorLiu, Anli A
Buffalo, Elizabeth A
Farrell, Jordan S
Foster, David J
Frank, Loren M
Guidera, Jennifer A
Hoffman, Kari L
Kahana, Michael J
Lin, Jack J
van der Meer, Matthijs A
McNaughton, Bruce L
de la Prida, Liset M
Rueckemann, Jon W
Sakon, John J
Staresina, Bernhard P
Weiss, Shennan A
Wilson, Matthew A
Zaghloul, Kareem A
Journal titleNature communications
Publication Begin page6000
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDecades of rodent research have established the role of hippocampal sharp wave ripples (SPW-Rs) in consolidating and guiding experience. More recently, intracranial recordings in humans have suggested their role in episodic and semantic memory. Yet, common standards for recording, detection, and reporting do not exist. Here, we outline the methodological challenges involved in detecting ripple events and offer practical recommendations to improve separation from other high-frequency oscillations. We argue that shared experimental, detection, and reporting standards will provide a solid foundation for future translational discovery.
CitationLiu AA, Henin S, Abbaspoor S, Bragin A, Buffalo EA, Farrell JS, Foster DJ, Frank LM, Gedankien T, Gotman J, Guidera JA, Hoffman KL, Jacobs J, Kahana MJ, Li L, Liao Z, Lin JJ, Losonczy A, Malach R, van der Meer MA, McClain K, McNaughton BL, Norman Y, Navas-Olive A, de la Prida LM, Rueckemann JW, Sakon JJ, Skelin I, Soltesz I, Staresina BP, Weiss SA, Wilson MA, Zaghloul KA, Zugaro M, Buzsáki G. A consensus statement on detection of hippocampal sharp wave ripples and differentiation from other fast oscillations. Nat Commun. 2022 Oct 12;13(1):6000. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-33536-x. PMID: 36224194; PMCID: PMC9556539.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- A Unified Dynamic Model for Learning, Replay, and Sharp-Wave/Ripples.
- Authors: Jahnke S, Timme M, Memmesheimer RM
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 9
- Impairment of Sharp-Wave Ripples in a Murine Model of Dravet Syndrome.
- Authors: Cheah CS, Lundstrom BN, Catterall WA, Oakley JC
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 13
- Origin of Gamma Frequency Power during Hippocampal Sharp-Wave Ripples.
- Authors: Oliva A, Fernández-Ruiz A, Fermino de Oliveira E, Buzsáki G
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 13
- Exploring Ripple Waves in the Human Brain.
- Authors: Takagi S
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 21
- Nonspecific effects of the gap junction blocker mefloquine on fast hippocampal network oscillations in the adult rat in vitro.
- Authors: Behrens CJ, Ul Haq R, Liotta A, Anderson ML, Heinemann U
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 29