The mitogenome of the bed bug Cimex lectularius(Hemiptera: Cimicidae)
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Rosenfeld, Jeffrey A.
Brugler, Mercer R.
Benoit, Joshua B.
Palli, Subba R.
Baker, Richard H.
Sorkin, Louis N.
Mason, Christopher E.
Siddall, Mark E.
Journal titleMitochondrial DNA Part B
Publication Begin page425
Publication End page427
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the extraction of a bed bug mitogenome from high-throughput sequencing projects originally focused on the nuclear genome of Cimex lectularius. The assembled mitogenome has a similar AT nucleotide composition bias found in other insects. Phylogenetic analysis of all protein-coding genes indicates that C. lectularius is clearly a member of a paraphyletic Cimicomorpha clade within the Order Hemiptera.
CitationKolokotronis SO, Foox J, Rosenfeld JA, Brugler MR, Reeves D, Benoit JB, Booth W, Robison G, Steffen M, Sakas Z, Palli SR, Schal C, Richards S, Narechania A, Baker RH, Sorkin LN, Amato G, Mason CE, Siddall ME, DeSalle R. The mitogenome of the bed bug Cimex lectularius (Hemiptera: Cimicidae). Mitochondrial DNA B Resour. 2016;1(1):425-427. doi: 10.1080/23802359.2016.1180268. Epub 2016 Jun 20. Erratum in: Mitochondrial DNA B Resour. 2016 Sep 6;1(1):646. PMID: 27617305; PMCID: PMC5012718.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
- Horizontal transfer of diatomaceous earth and botanical insecticides in the common bed bug, Cimex lectularius L.; hemiptera: cimicidae.
- Authors: Akhtar Y, Isman MB
- Issue date: 2013
- The Efficacy of a Pyrethroid-impregnated Mattress Liner on Multiple International Strains of Cimex lectularius (Hemiptera: Cimicidae) and Cimex hemipterus (Hemiptera: Cimicidae).
- Authors: Leong XY, Lee CY, Veera Singham G, Chong Shu-Chien A, Naylor R, Naylor A, Miller DM, Wilson MM, Lilly DG, Doggett SL
- Issue date: 2022 May 29
- Effects of Starvation on Deltamethrin Tolerance in Bed Bugs, Cimex lectularius L. (Hemiptera: Cimicidae).
- Authors: DeVries ZC, Reid WR, Kells SA, Appel AG
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 9
- Characteristics of Cimex lectularius (Hemiptera: Cimicidae), infestation and dispersal in a high-rise apartment building.
- Authors: Wang C, Saltzmann K, Chin E, Bennett GW, Gibb T
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Differences in Climbing Ability of Cimex lectularius and Cimex hemipterus (Hemiptera: Cimicidae).
- Authors: Kim DY, Billen J, Doggett SL, Lee CY
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 1