Evaluation of a new optical immunoassay for diagnosis of neonatal chlamydial conjunctivitis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Journal titleJournal of clinical microbiology
Publication Begin page515
Publication End page6
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe BioStar OIA Chlamydia test (BioStar, Inc., Boulder, Colo.) is a novel immunoassay system that uses changes in reflection of light to directly detect chlamydial antigen in clinical specimens. We compared the optical immunoassay (OIA) with culture for detecting Chlamydia trachomatis in ocular specimens from infants with suspected chlamydial conjunctivitis. We initially performed a retrospective evaluation, testing 152 ocular specimens previously collected for culture with the OIA. The sensitivity and specificity were 94.2 and 97%, respectively. A subsequent prospective study evaluating 37 ocular specimens from infants with suspected C. trachomatis conjunctivitis revealed a sensitivity and specificity of 100 and 92.6%, respectively.
CitationRoblin PM, Gelling M, Kutlin A, Tsumura N, Hammerschlag MR. Evaluation of a new optical immunoassay for diagnosis of neonatal chlamydial conjunctivitis. J Clin Microbiol. 1997 Feb;35(2):515-6. doi: 10.1128/jcm.35.2.515-516.1997. PMID: 9003631; PMCID: PMC229615.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
- Evaluation of the Kodak Surecell Chlamydia test for the laboratory diagnosis of adult inclusion conjunctivitis.
- Authors: Tantisira JG, Kowalski RP, Gordon YJ
- Issue date: 1995 Jul
- Comparison of enzyme immunoassay and culture for diagnosis of chlamydial conjunctivitis and respiratory infections in infants.
- Authors: Hammerschlag MR, Roblin PM, Cummings C, Williams TH, Worku M, Howard LV
- Issue date: 1987 Dec
- Comparison of a chemiluminometric immunoassay with culture for diagnosis of chlamydial infections in infants.
- Authors: Dumornay W, Roblin PM, Gelling M, Hammerschlag MR, Worku M
- Issue date: 1992 Jul
- Comparison of two enzyme immunoassays to culture for the diagnosis of chlamydial conjunctivitis and respiratory infections in infants.
- Authors: Hammerschlag MR, Roblin PM, Gelling M, Worku M
- Issue date: 1990 Aug
- Evaluation of the Biostar Chlamydia OIA assay with specimens from women attending a sexually transmitted disease clinic.
- Authors: Pate MS, Dixon PB, Hardy K, Crosby M, Hook EW 3rd
- Issue date: 1998 Aug